Went to the David Byrne exhibit: Playing the Building. This was by far one of the best experiences. I'm glad I opted out of waiting in line to see King Khan, and got here in just in the nick of time to see and hear this.
"Playing the building, a sound installation in which the infrastructure, the physical plant of the building, is converted into a giant musical instrument. Devices are attached to the building structure — to the metal beams and pillars, the heating pipes, the water pipes — and are used to make these things produce sound. The activations are of three types: wind, vibration, striking. The devices do not produce sound themselves, but they cause the building elements to vibrate, resonate and oscillate so that the building itself becomes a very large musical instrument."
Unfortunately, I waited to get in line to play, then got too busy walking around to shoot video and pictures, that the line got way too long. Then it was time for me to leave to go and do other things. Oh well.
I don't know these people.
No comments:
Post a Comment