Tuesday, January 8, 2008

City Walks I

Last night brought on the reoccurring restless funk where I don't know what to do with myself. Everything I could do isn't enjoyable, and brings me no solace. Reading, watching a film, writing, socializing with anyone, making ANYTHING, or just staring at the wall/ceiling whilst pondering on my life doesn't quite itch the scratch. So, I just get in my car and drive until I get a hunch to scratch my itch. This funk usually occurs when some impending situation is lingering in my life and I keep myself too busy to avoid it or constantly brooding over it, which just won't do anymore. I parked in a lot of a washeteria, got out and started walking. This is no new profound insight, but it reminded me of how the act of movement can "heal" you. Adjoin this with a soundtrack, couple this with solitude, and you've got an edict for rejuvenating your mind and thoughts. I don't think I've ever felt better from doing this besides roller skating to Old School Funk in Brooklyn. And you can come across one of the most expensive dollar stores you've ever been in.



Two notches above the piano necktie for your budding infant musician.



When the fifteen year old you know becomes a woman.



I felt much better.

No comments: