Thursday, March 5, 2009

sometimes bitter, sometimes sweet

Today:
Long story short, I and the other EBD teacher got called down to the office to restrain a violent student who had already left school, and was brought back by a police officer. After 45 minutes of restraining said student, we were all sweaty, exhausted, bruised, bitten and spat upon. I got a bite to the shoulder, several poundings on the top of my foot by his feet, and hocked up on two or three times on my shoes(I lost count). Our principal called the same police officer to come back to the school to possibly talk to him and calm him down(i.e. scare him about juve) since we were getting no where. The student had run out of energy for thrashing at this point. Little did I know that this freshly turned ten year old was pretty strong and could do quite a pounding on a twenty-seven year old. It took three grown ass women to restrain him. Several hours later, after dealing with other student meltdowns, the doctor's visit, I have no broken bones in the foot but just major swelling and bruising. Thanks to their x-ray I did find out that I HAD broken my foot 5 years back during the worst summer of my life(I didn't have insurance at the time). Most of you know what I'm talking about. Yesterday I found out I might be getting a kindergartner who is a selective mute(refuses to talk-but CAN) and has begun to expose himself to other children.
So now, I am going to watch this with my foot propped up



and give you these

High Voltage- Here Comes the Streaker
http://www.mediafire.com/?2zyywyimivk
Black Lips- BBBJOT
http://www.mediafire.com/?0yeyzoynmye
The Shaggs-Philosophy of the World
http://www.mediafire.com/?d2gt1wm2iwk
Climax Golden Twins- For the exited
http://www.mediafire.com/?dgnvyl2nno3

Just some particulars I'm enjoying lately.

3 comments:

CheyneCuts+Collects said...

oh. my. god. I'm so sorry to hear about that. happened to my mom awhile back and she had to go for rabies and HIV tests for months afterward because the kid broke skin. You guys need to hang out and remind yourselves that you're saving the world. because you like, ARE.

goodaudra said...

At least there weren't any hocked lugz in your hair. Or your eyes!
Eat some cookies,
A

Nothing said...

You are awesome, hang in there...and Oh Yeah, I DO remember that summer.