Monday, January 26, 2009

Love in the First Person


The time of big decisions is getting closer and closer, and looming harder and harder. The decision of what's best for me, for other, for others, and for others' others. Things can never be so simple.
2009 looks like it will be more productive and creative than I hoped 2008 to have been. Probably because I'm attempting to continue to put the right people in my life and nix the negativeees. I have less and less patience for negativity and selfishness in people and getting stronger to not put up with it. But still, there's something inside of me that questions how far to take this, and where patience and love should outweigh these presences.
Moving to New York has been on my mind a lot today, and I'm feeling really torn about moving sooner or pushing it farther down the road. I'd have to start from scratch in many ways. Some of these are good, some of these aren't so good, mainly my creative endeavors. It feels like I'm finally making headway on getting projects/ideas moved forward and a big move would only stifle this for who knows how long. Can a sista ever get a break? I had imagined moving there with certain conditions and circumstances in place, and now some of these are different with even new plights in place now. Modes that would make things more difficult and lonely. Maybe I'll know what to do after VisionQuest 09'. Right A??? oof.

5 comments:

goodaudra said...

We need to get you some rockasins. Also, we should expedite vision quest '09. Maybe even have it in February? I need to get out and do some thinkin', too.

Nothing said...

"Look, I don't want to wax philosophic, but I will say that if you're alive you've got to flap your arms and legs, you've got to jump around a lot, for life is the very opposite of death, and therefore you must at very least think noisy and colorfully, or you're not alive."
-Mel Brooks

The Fog Pony said...

White Sands.....Spring Break......rockasins.....

Anonymous said...

You're such a good person.

CheyneCuts+Collects said...

Please don't go to NYC sooner. Make it later.

How's that for being selfish?